Tuesday, 21 August 2012

SHE RETURNS!


Hello, I've returned from Iceland, which is as green as Greenland is icy. 

I promise I shan't become one of those 'lifestyle' bloggers who tells you all about their life when all you want is a style blog, but Iceland was so... formative? Amazing? Beautiful? (Plus my queued posts didn't work and I need to apologise and excuse myself with nice pictures!) Reykjavik had the most stylish people I've seen in a long time, and I bought a few things... but the rest of my trip was very unglamorous. 

I did the tourist routes with my best friend, then we worked on a farm (WWOOFING) across the other side of Iceland. That was the best experience. Really anti the fashion blogger lifestyle, if such a thing exists (which it shouldn't but you know what I mean!) It was dust and boots and weeds and sunblock and heavy turnips. I loved it. We swam in cold cold cold glacial rivers and climbed through rocky forests filled with wild flowers, and baked bread on camp-fires in the middle of the woods late into the night and sang songs. I met amazing people from all over the world. 

Reykjavik and tourist stuff: 







  
Farming!


 Right by the farm:




 To make this post SUPER LONG, do you remember when I wrote that people always seem to cut their hair at formative points in their life? I got back from Iceland and cut my hair- 6 inches off? I don't know really, but it feels right. This is the hair I was meant to have for a long time. (Though saying that I think I'll cut a little more off at a hairdressers, this was done at home.)



So hello again, my dears. It's nice to be back (though I sort of wish I was still in Iceland.)

-H

6 comments:

  1. You will not believe how jealous I am of you. I have wanted to go to Iceland my whole life! It looks like you had an amazing time, welcome back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I JUST HAVE REALLY GREAT TIMING AND SO DO YOU. Iceland looks pretty (big city girl right here, anything green is exciting) and it's one of those if-I-had-unlimited-time-and-a-million-dollars places I've always wanted to visit. A bob! A BOB!!! I hope your hairdresser does amazing things when you go, but I think your hair looks pretty cute right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAVE MISSED YOU SO MUCH.
    SORRY TO BE A CREEP.
    THIS LOOKS AMAZING.
    JEALOUS.
    WOW.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh, I want to visit Iceland SO much-looks just so beautiful there! I bet you had an amazing time!!!
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all looks/sounds so magical *_*
    *scribbles 'Iceland' down onto bucket list*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Iceland?!?! That is amazing!! It looks like a wonderland, so mystic... I really want to go now... Also congrats (umm? right word?) on you hair cut!! Its so freeing (in my mind) whenever I chop off hair... but maybe thats just me being creepy...
    xo
    charlotte

    theflowered.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete